Saturday, January 31, 2009





Lion's Head


I hiked part of Table Mountain called Lion's Head. The big, flat mountain in the middle is Table Mountain. The peak to the far left is Devil's Peak which I live behind and can see all the time from the neighborhood (Check out post on that.) Lion's Head is the peak to the far right.


Towards the top, the trail was really gnarly. Here is my boss who took me on the hike early in the morning. You can see some chains that you hold onto so you don't fall off the cliff. There would be nothing like this in the states! Can you imagine? Other parts of the "trail" require climbing up steel ladders and boulders.



Here I am climbing up some of the chains. There is an alternate route for babies that doesn't require chains.







A view from the top looking out over Cape Town and the Bay. You can see Robben Island where Nelson Mandela and other political prisoners were held for over 20 years.

No comments: