Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Franschoek

On the 21st, Jenna's friend Guy took us on a drive through the country and in the mountains. This is a shot of Franschoek, a small wine town that's pretty well to do (and subsequently white.) We drove through and had some lunch. On the way up we went through Pine forests which seemed very familar and smaller towns where most of the people did farm work and felt the most "Africa" to me. A lot of it could have been Eastern Oregon with lakes and forests and mountains. Actually, a lot of it reminded me of the country around Livermore, California where I spent the first part of my formative years. The fam will know what I'm talking about.

The geography changes as fast as the weather around here. Yesterday was shorts weather and today it's 55 F with driving monsoon-like rain. Not that I've been in a monsoon, but if it rained like this Portland, people would be flippin' out.

Okay, over and out.

No comments: